Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Busying in the Weekend







Here's a recount of how i spent my weekend...

FRIDAY, 25July2008
I had a couple of San Mig light *make that (couple*2)+1* with my friend JR after work in a newly-discovered nook within our office building. The place, though a tad small, is actually a garden with a glass pyramid that would put The Louvre Museum to shame. Last order is at 8:30PM, but we managed to stay until past 10 as we watched the crew tidy up the area.

What started out as a let-the-traffic-pass couple of beers turned out to be a cozy cool drunken night.

Personally, i consider myself as quite over the San Mig light stage and if I had my way (more like if budget permits, hehe), I would go for Vodka Ice or some fancy cocktail in a nice cosmopolitan glass with a stemmed cherry. Chic!

I had a nice chit-chat with my long-time friend and actually enjoyed the usually repulsive taste of San Mig. I really had a nice time...while there, that is!

As i was driving home, tears rolled down my cheeks without my knowing it. I blamed it on the uninhibiting effect of alcohol. It went on even as i reached home and lay on my bed...

I should have known.

The maxim: Aside from avoiding drunken-driving, one should never drink when broken-hearted (or something to that effect). It will eventually come out.

There is no other place I'd like to be where now except beside my hp. Haay.. *daydreams*

I arrived home around 11PM, cried myself to sleep, woke up at 1am. Sleep eluded me.



SATURDAY, 26July2008
As I had no sleep the night before, I spent this day like a zombie. I tried to do something productive like writing and baking, but in no success.

It must have really been a boring day as I couldn't recall anything worth remembering. At all.


SUNDAY, 27July2008
I woke up early and vowed to make up for my lazy Saturday. I got into my sweat pants and shirt, woke up my assistant and headed to accomplish my mission: zooom! zooom!

I've always admired ladies who know how to drive the stick. So, to add spice to my bit dreary existence, I practiced driving M/T.

Surely driving schools let you start off with manuals for a week, but people nowadays actually drive A/T in their everyday commuting so they tend to lose touch with the basics. Guilty as charged! Ahem.

It can come very handy, you know:
1.) When your car is on color-coding and you continuously dozed off despite your phone's alarm. So you woke up at 7am, then fret no more! You can drive your dad's old Ford or Volks (plate starts with N, as proof of its antiquity) that had been sitting in your garage for the looongest time.

Forget about being apprehended and fined Php300 for the violation of VVRS ( Vehicle Volume Reduction Scheme), particularly by the Urdaneta traffic enforcer just when you make the turn to Ayala Ave from EDSA! You won't miss him, or more likely, HE WILL NOT MISS YOU! Gaaad, he is so strict and really on the look. Try crossing his post at 7:15am and he will be just too pleased to hand you a ticket! (they get a fraction of it for commission). The least he could do is to hide his smile! That is what I call OA.

2.) You won't have setbacks anymore swapping with your brother's or boyfriend's car from time to time. Guys, being the car fanatics that they are, have stronger belief in M/Ts as they are more fuel-efficient and can induce greater acceleration. Translation: M/T=Schumacher-like driving!

3.)In cases of emergencies, i.e. when you need to run somebody to the hospital and the only available car in sight is an M/T (or even a jeepney in the extreme-est case ---haha!), then it can even be your life-saving vehicle, you know.

4.)If you get tired with your A/T, you can trade it for a classic M/T plus cash. Cashing! Cashing! Who would say no to extra moolah, eh?

But then again, you may just end up spending more as u need to hoard tons of anti-wrinkle serum for the surging wrinkles on your face brought about by more stressful driving. (for this sole purpose, i'd like to have a driver please!)

So, I (with my cute chubby assistant-CCA) reacquainted myself with the stick for a couple of hours. We went to the safest place I know for practice.

Hint: As my CCA puts it, it's the 'dead park' !

The Memorial Park! Nobody even tried to cut me. Not even a single soul! Haha. Plus, we also got to see a couple of eagles, monkeys and squirming tadpoles (which my CCA finds eeeww!)

I must admit, there was a different feel in shifting gears. I got excited everytime. Perhaps I shifted gears too often that day.

So we headed for home too thirsty and my CCA complaining that there were just too many dead people that she lost count of them.

Later in the afternoon, me and my family headed to my brother's place in Calamba,Laguna. We had a relaxing meal in an al fresco resto known for their 'Bulalo'. Food was good particularly the kare-kare (ox's tripe in peanut sauce), except that my tooth had a serious combat with a highly-resistant grilled squid.

We then had coffee and strawberry ice cream in my brother's house. Of course they had beer and videoke by themselves. Just i find it boring to drink with them as they still have that funny look in their eyes that says 'you're still the baby that we used to bring chocolates to everyday before.' Boring judgmental old folks, hmmmp!

I spent time around with my nieces and nephews instead as they give me a different look that clearly spells: A-D-O-R-A-T-I-O-N! Surely, i can be egoistic once in a while. So sue me! Haha.

Just a normal weekend.